Saturday 13 June 2009

Even keel?

The last two weeks have flow by in a rush of chaos and fatigue. When I'm not working I'm resting and when I'm not resting I'm working. I finally have a job to fill in the hours my employer doesn't want me for... which is great for my bank account but not so good for my physical well being... I'd got rather used to my lazy Fridays and Mondays in bed.

Last night was injection night. Unfortunately I woke up at three in the morning feeling the end of the side effects... aching all over my body and chilled to the bone. Luckily Rich was still awake and got me some more hot water bottles... I put a movie on and a couple of hours later eventually fell back to sleep - not waking up again until lunch time.

I felt rather low today... definitely the worst I have felt since I started taking the anti-depressants. I saw my GP last week to refill the prescription; although my Neuro had recommended counselling my GP didn't push it and just told me to come back for a review in a month. Take it one day at a time, I guess.

The good news is that everything else is completely stable at the moment (as far as I can tell!). No new symptoms and the ones that I haven't aren't getting any worse. This leaves me in a good place as summer is about to start. I really suffer for heat exacerbating my MS problems so if I can start halfway up the hill then hopefully I won't end up at the bottom!

No comments:

Post a Comment