Friday 2 April 2010

Look no hand(s)....

Two weeks on from the steroids and nothing has gotten any better. I would, in fact, go as far as to say things have got worse. The loss of sensation in my right hand, which had only been affecting the little to middle fingers badly has now worked all the way across to my index finger and down my palm. 

The problem with this is really only inconvenience. I can't write properly because I can't feel the pen; I can't type properly because I'm a touch typist and I keep missing letters that require the left hand (especially 'o' and 'p')... I also can't do up buttons or jewellery... I can't use a mouse properly with the computer... it is all very frustrating.
I spoke to my nurse on Friday who is going to send me the protocols for the three week steroid course to give to my doctor. Hopefully this might have a positive effect...

My feet have also shown no improvement, which means that I'm still using the crutches to make sure that I don't fall over. Again the biggest problem with this is getting things done... try going to the supermarket with no hands!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment