Friday 13 July 2012

Me and my... bladder!

This afternoon bought a visit to the Continence Clinic, along with the bladder diary I kept last weekend. Bladder difficulties (and infections) are fairly common-place in MS, so the only surprise is that it has taken me this long to get there!

The two nurses were lovely, and put me right at my ease - let's face it, nobody likes talking about their bladder and bowel movements! We went over my diary and I was complimented (?) on my bladder capacity - whatever the problems are, it isn't a small bladder. Did I need to go now, I was asked. A bit I responded. So they did an ultrasound of my bladder. Empty. Mixed messages getting to my brain it would appear, plus ca change.

I was sent away with an appointment for three months time, a list of drinks that are 'bladder friendly' and those that are not, an instruction to resume my pelvic floor exercises and a recommendation to set the timer on my phone for three hourly intervals to ensure regular toilet trips. We're not in Kansas anymore Toto!

No comments:

Post a Comment